Grid Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Please email memc [at] nysbc.org to schedule a grid drop-off/pick-up appointment between 10:00am-4:00pm.
- Note: if you are dropping off unclipped grids, they are due at the center no later than Wednesday 4:00pm, the week before the scheduled session. If you are dropping off clipped grids, they are due at the center no later than Friday 4:00pm, the week before the scheduled session. We encourage you to drop off grids well before the cut-off time; we accept grids up to 5 weeks ahead of your session. Please fill out a Krios Grid Drop-Off Sheet.
- If you have already dropped off grids and would like to swap/add grids for a Krios session, email memc [at] nysbc.org to schedule an appointment; they must be swapped/added by Wednesday 4:00pm (if unclipped) or Friday 4:00pm (if clipped) the week before the scheduled session. These new grids must be accompanied by a new Krios Grid Drop-Off Sheet.
- Post session, grids will be saved for 2 weeks in the designated Krios saved pucks. After this they will be discarded at our discretion.
Krios Time Allocation
- Each institution has preallocated days on instruments under normal operations, but are not limited to this time. There is rapid access time or MEMC maintenance time each cycle that every user may apply for.
- We have two (2) types of rapid access, both of which require an application:
- Scheduled rapid access:
- In between cycles we have system time for maintenance and development. Unused time during this period may be re-allocated as prescheduled rapid access time
- Moment’s notice:
- Time available due to an unexpected opening in the schedule. Grids should already be clipped and stored at the center, or the user should be able to bring clipped grids to the center at a moment’s notice for immediate cassette loading.
- If you would like to apply for rapid access please read more here.
- Scheduled rapid access:
- The preallocated days are meant to be similar to an airline/train schedule. If time is lost or unassigned then the session is gone. However, there is at least 1 possible rapid access session each cycle to act as an emergency buffer.
- These dates are the allocation to the institution not an individual lab. Please contact your institutional representative for more information.
Member Institution Dewars
MEMC houses dewars for our member institutions for temporary storage of cryo grid boxes. MEMC does not keep inventory of these pucks and we are not responsible for movement of any grid boxes. These dewars are filled with liquid nitrogen monthly.